Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A New Perfume


I am as girly as it comes. Scents and fragrances have always been a weakness of mine. I am such a "smells" person. I will never buy one scent twice because I feel like there are too many good ones out there & there's just not enough time to experience them all! I know there are plenty of people who have their own "signature fragrance," but...I am not one of them. I like to mix it up a bit. I have three bottles of perfume at any given time. No more, no less. It is my standard number of fragrances so that I can I rotate through them during the week, yet not get too crazy with too many bottles. It's my form of self-control.

Whenever one runs out, I always have a backup in mind. To be even more precise, I have a running list of perfumes that I've either smelled on someone else and fell in love with, or had some ....postive...smelling... experience with. You never knew what a fragrance freak I was, huh?

So, yesterday was a good day because my newest scent arrived in the mail. This one was inspired by my most recent trip to New York City. I sprayed a little dab of Jo Malone on the fragrance card while wandering around Macy's, threw it in my purse, and forgot about it. Well, for the rest of the trip I kept smelling little hints of Nectarine Blossom & Honey everytime I went to pay for something. I guess the fragrance card had rubbed
all over my wallet. Refreshing. I was hooked and added it to the list. I waited patiently for one of my old perfumes to run out & when it finally did- I was off to find my Jo. Little did I realize that Jo Malone was so high-end that I could find it no where in Savannah. At this point, I was willing to sacrifice a little for my beloved new scent.

So, I had a little fun online shopping at the Official Jo Malone website & even got to include 2 samples into my order. It came packaged in a sweet little box with a black ribbon and a card that read:
To: Caroline
From: Yourself
(It's the little things.)
So, what's your favorite scent? I'm always up for suggestions....
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment