1) A few happy hours with the girls. The drink in my hand is called a "Skinny Girl Cucumber" Go to Tubby's on Riverstreet. Ask for Alex. He will make you one.
2) Acupuncture. I bought a Groupon for it and decided to give it a go. Sheer curiosity. Now that I've experienced it- I can say... that was some crazy witch doctor stuff. Straight up vood doo. During the session, the acupuncturist was telling me to feel the presence of my ancestors and rubbing herbs on the bottom of my feet and spraying rose water in my face, while I had needles sticking out of my my head, ears, chest, stomach, fingers, legs, feet, armpits...you name it. Very odd, I know. Does it hurt? Not really at all. The needles are as thin as a strand of hair. (the ones he put in my fingers had a teeny little pinch to them, I will admit) BUT! I will say that I felt extremely relaxed later that day.
3) Softball Games. I've been a pretty good groupie for Mike's softball games this summer. Other than getting nervous when he gets up to bat and cringing when people yell at each other on the field, I actually enjoy it! I mean...I grew up with a sister and we did ballet. I'm not used to team sports.
4) Edwin McCain concert at Tubby's (in Thunderbolt) with the fam. Two words. HEAT STROKE. Other than the heat we had a great time. Hearing Wormsloew play was an added bonus.
5) Second concert of the summer: Corey Smith. This is also the second time Corey has made it to my blog- here's the link from last year's concert. My neighbor, Bradley, claims that they are friends. I'm still not sure how sold I am ;-)
6. Meeting Ashley's new little munchkin, Chase. Earlier this month, my friend Ashley had her 3rd little boy. I am convinced that she has lost her mind. To add to her 3 year old and 13 month old....she now has a newborn. God bless her. But look how precious he is. She is super-mom! My favorite part is her backseat- 3 car seats all lined up in a row. If anyone can do it...it's Ashley.
7. Baking. I tend to bake when I have time on my hands. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something and I get to eat lots of batter ( the real reason.) Here was my project of the day. Strawberry Shortcake *breakfast* Muffins. They're healthy, I promise.
I'm sure I left out some important events...forgive me. Approximately a week left of summer bliss. I'm trying to savor every last drop.