Saturday, December 19, 2015

Holiday Cheer and Happy 60th to Dad

This morning I woke up feeling thankful. I'm sipping an Arctic White hot chocolate Christmas gift from one of my students and realizing that I am off work until January 4th. Its going to be glorious. Reflecting on the last week of school, I am so grateful for all the sweet students we have and the relationships I have with the wonderful people I work with. Blessed for sure. Everyone has been so GIVING this season. I, on the other hand, have not been a very good steward of my time and have not done nearly as much as I would like to in terms of gift giving and holiday cheer. I'm going to play the "new house" card again and blame it on that. It really threw me off my routine and that's not good because I am a creature of habit. Must be the special ed teacher in me.

Today will be a great day for 2 reasons: A) I am finally getting back into my beloved yoga studio for a "Sanctify the Season" practice. It is a special yoga class " sprinkled with scripture, Christian meditative prayer, and plenty of sweat." Some of my favorite things all in one place. B) Its my dad's 60th birthday! Hard to believe...he sure doesn't seem 60. I wish you many, many, many more years of everything that makes you happy!

Before Christmas is over, I wanted to share some of my favorite door decorations from our school hallways. These made me laugh...If you notice, the sign 'Dancer' the reindeer is holding says, "watch me Nae Nae."








No comments:

Post a Comment