Sunday, January 24, 2016

Welcome, 2016

I recently heard from a wise person: Writing is a discipline just like anything else. It really hit me because I feel it will have to be that way for me to continue blogging.  A discipline. As much joy as blogging brings me, I've been in a bit of a writing rut lately. Part of it is letting myself think too much about the audience. You just can't do that. When I started, the audience wasn't a factor and my writing flowed freely. I wrote about small things and didn't wait for more substantial and blog-worthy events to come along. I need to go back to what it was.

So far 2016 hasn't been as much of a success as I'd hoped. It started it off with Grama in the hospital with Pneumonia and A-Fib, among other things. I've been watching way too much TV. I've gained 3 pounds. And the best part is I don't have much motivation to change it right now! Welcome, 2016.

I found this quote yesterday and it will be my theme for the new year. This is what I need:

                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment