Sunday, November 26, 2017

Book Review: Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi

This book was not what I expected....in the worst way! Ugh! Ferrazzi seems extremely pretentious and treats people like chess pawns. I added this book to my list because it was advertised as a way to build relationships and have life success. Who doesn't need a few pointers in that area? I'm all about some self help, but he is WAY off the mark. Maybe its because I don't live in the business world, that  I don't understand his motivation- but his focus is almost 100% about getting in with the "important people" of the world and rubbing elbows. This does absolutely nothing for me. I am tempted not to finish this book because I'm not even halfway through and I'm sick of hearing him brag about his perceived success. However, I feel that I need to finish what I've started so I'm going to trudge through it.

Like any book, there is always something to be learned. I do have a few take away points that I found semi-enlightening.

1) " A goal is a dream with a deadline." pg 25

2) "We all have our own loves, insecurities, strengths, weaknesses, and unique capabilities. And we have to take those into account in figuring out where our talents and desires intersect. That intersection is what I call your "blue-flame"- where passion and ability come together. When that blue flame is ignited within a person, it is a powerful force in getting you where you want to go."
- pg. 26

No comments:

Post a Comment