Sunday, February 6, 2011

Coming Home


Everyday I am thankful that I come home to a place that I absolutely love.

As most of you know, a few months ago I decided it was time to move out of the nest...(my parents house) and on to a place of my own. On a teacher's salary, I figured I would have to settle for
something "do-able", not necessarily "love-able". My high-school friend, former roommate, and fellow teacher, Lindsey, was also looking for a place to live.

We looked high and low....nothing. Everything we looked at was either in a bad neighborhood, grungy, too expensive, or had 1 bathroom. One bathroom + 2 girls = bad idea.

Well, I stumbled upon this add on Craigslist for a town home near Isle of Hope where we both grew up. Beautiful, safe location, but not in our price range. My dad told me I should contact the owner anyway, just to see what would happen.

Turns out, the owner's wife is also a teacher. They understood our dilemma and wanted to help us out, as we in turn would help them out by being good tenants. They worked with us on the price & we were able to move in pretty much right away!

Once we moved in, we found out that our neighbor to the left is also a teacher, our neighbors to the right know my dad through work, and our neighbor down the street is a long time buddy of my dad's. I guess that's Savannah for you. We were just looking for somewhere affordable & safe, and somehow we hit the jackpot....great neighborhood with quiet streets to walk/run, on the water, neighborhood pool, AND a deep water dock slip thrown in there too! God works in mysterious ways!

So here we are! #5 :)
And this is the view I wake up to every morning:















I couldn't feel more blessed!
Caroline

4 comments:

  1. Sounds peaceful. U are truely blessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super excited for you! It looks lovely!!! Now I'll have to come down and visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, definitely. Keep me updated on Bebo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome, Caroline! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete