Over the past few months I've been collecting tidbits of information on what I want to remember involving these little gems that are my essential oils. And because of exhibit A) my bathroom mirror, I figured it might be a good idea to put it all my notes in one place. Please ignore the bathroom wallpaper and sea foam green marble. *Work in progress*
Before I share, I wanted to add that my friend, Krista Bridges, is doing an online class about essential oils where she will answer all kinds of questions about the power of what's in these little bottles. Let me know by commenting and I’ll get you an invite to an online intro class right here on Facebook! And if you let me know before 5/25 I’ll make sure you get a sample too!!
Now for the good stuff....in no particular order:
1) Use Lime Vitality oil to make Key Lime Pie Protein Shakes! Add a drop or 2 of Lime oil to vanilla protein powder and blend.
2) Toilet Bowl Cleaner:
1 cup distilled water
1/2 cup baking soda
1/2 cup Castille soap
20-25 drops of Young Living Tea Tree, Lemon, or Grapefruit oil
Soak bowl 15 minutes before scrubbing
3) Carpet Powder
1 cup baking soda
7 drops purification, Grapefruit, and Lime oil
Sprinkle on carpets for 15 min before vacuuming
4) If you're in to making your own bread, add some orange oil with cranberries or rosemary oil added with other fresh herbs. Use about 5 drops for a 2 lb. loaf.
5) Tub, shower floor, walls: Use Thieves cleaner first with brush. Then, a paste of 1 Cup baking soda and 15 drops of any citrus oil. Rub on the ring in toilet, shower floor, and shower walls. Let it sit, then scrub off.
6) Glass shower door: Use the same paste listed above with scrub brush. Wipe off. Then clean off the "baking soda film" with a mixture of Thieves cleaner (capful of Thieves, 1 tsp vinegar, 5 drops lemon, top with water in an 12-16 oz bottle). Everything comes off spotless, no need to use gloves for harsh chemicals and no need for bathroom fan or vent. Just fresh and clean!
7) Bring Sexy Back Linen Spray: In a small spray bottle, spritz around the following: 3 oz water, 1 oz Witch Hazel, 6 drops Orange, 3 drops Patchouli, 3 drops Ylang Ylang. Spritz around your room concentrating on pillows and sheets
8) Eyelash Growth Serum: 2 drops Lavender, 2 drops Cedarwood, 1 drop Rosemary. Fill clean mascara tube with Castor oil.
9) Under Eye Roll On: 15 drops Frankincense, 15 drops Lavender, 15 drops Lemon, 3 drops Helichrysum. Fill the rest with a carrier oil such as Grapeseed oil.
10) Honolulu Hawaii Diffuser Blend: 4 drops Stress Away, 3 drops Citrus Fresh, 3 drops Cedarwood
11) Paris, France Diffuser Blend: 5 drops Lavender, 3 drops Rosemary, 2 drops Clary Sage
(if you type in Destination Everywhere Diffuser Blends for 7 Cities" it should come up at YoungLiving.com/blog)
12) Morning and Evening Moisturizer: Frankincense/Lavender/Vetiver/Patchouli mixed with cold-pressed coconut oil
13) For Sinuses: Frankincense mixed with Copiaba- rub straight on the sinuses.
14) Face Wash: 1 Tbsp unscented Castille soap, 1 tbsp witch hazel, 10 drops Tea Tree, 10 drops Lavender, 10 drops Cedarwood, 5 drops Frankincense, 5 drops Purification. Add to foaming soap dispenser and fill the rest with water.
15) for Clogged Drains: Baking soda, Lemon essential oil, and distilled white vinegar. Pour it down the drain and let it sit for 45 min or overnight. Flush with about 2 cups boiling water. If the clog is really bad, you may need a snake to push it through. You can even use this as a preventative if your drain clogs often.
Although I have more, I think that's enough for now. I'll save the rest for another post! Try some of these DIY recipes and let me know what you think! Remember to comment if you want to come to the online class and get a sample!