Thursday, July 5, 2012

This & That

Its been go, go, go for the past couple days. Today, I am taking a break and embracing some laziness. I slept until 9:00, y'all! And I'm not in a rush to go anywhere. My first thought upon waking was that I'd like to make a quiche. So, I did...and I'm still in my pajamas.  In the spirit of non-wastefulness, I used the leftover egg/squash/zucchini/onion mixture to make an omelet.

This is mine.... looks like a pizza

Summer Squash, Bacon, Mozzarella Quiche....mine isn't QUITE as pretty as the Pinterest picture because my pie crust is most certainly not homemade. I also left out the bacon. I know, I know- Caroline, how could you leave out BACON? Click this link from Cooking Light for the recipe.

I even hand washed all the dishes afterwards so I now have a clean sink, minus the orange paint brushes from my new shrimp colored bathroom. (blog post about that coming soon) I'm trying to use this month to accomplish all those little to-do projects instead of overloading myself with more ideas. Thank you summer for catch-up time.




And on the subject of catching up, earlier this week I got to visit Jenna...my oldest & goldest friend! Its not often that we are afforded the opportunity to sit on the dock- talking and laughing while her little boy sleeps in his swing. I'm sure it won't happen again for years, so I soaked it all in.  Here we are in all our glory:



It doesn't get any better. 

Oh...except for spur of the moment calls from my sister asking if she can come over. How perfect. Hope she's hungry for lunch!









No comments:

Post a Comment