Thursday, August 1, 2013

Corn & Farewell to Summer

Happy August 1st, y'all! 'Tis the season for back to school. I'm trying desperately to hold on to the last little bits of summer as I shuck a dozen ears of corn on the back porch this afternoon. My grandparents picked it themselves and hand delivered it to my house, so it was the least I could do to shuck it and cut it all off the cob. 

Part 1: Shuck


I only found 1 worm! Too bad....that's my favorite part. He wasn't moving though. I guess 2 weeks in the fridge will do that to ya. 




Part 2: Rinse off 



Part 3: Cut off the cob



Part 4: Holy huge-amount-of-corn Batman




Part 5: I need a recipe! Suggestions please. 

Side note: Is it possible to have a corn shucking allergy? My wrists are blotchy, red, and itchy!


No comments:

Post a Comment