Monday, April 21, 2014

Clean Diet Round #3

This was the first time I've done the Clean Diet without attending weekly meetings at Savannah Power
Yoga for support. Its pretty intense, but this time I was able to succeed with the help of the Facebook Clean Group alone. This time I didn't lose quite as much weight, but still enough that I can breathe with ease in all my clothes now. The difference this time is that I'm wanting to stay on track. It helps that I did the cleanse closer to beach season so that I can see results just as its time to squeeze my butt into a bathing suit again.

My main motivation this go round is for health and a glow from the inside out for my 30's! It all starts with that you put INTO your body. For this post, I wanted to share a few of my favorite CLEAN recipes.

First of all, I could not have done it this time without Savannah Squeeze. As I write these words, I'm sipping on my Beet Blend juice. I needed a little evening detox after my Easter candy binge today. They have all kinds of raw, cold pressed juices, smoothies and also this delicious "cheese" made from cashews. I stop by each time I get a paycheck! ($$)

One of my favorite discoveries this time has been homemade dressings. This Avocado dressing has gone on salads, in wraps, and used as a dip. In the picture, I have it mixed in with some quinoa, black beans, and raw kale.


  • 1 avocado, halved and seeded
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 tbsp honey or coconut nectar
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt


  • Recipe: (Courtesy of The Naked Kitchen blog)


    • Twice, I've made this Vegan Pumpkin Bread. Very simple & yummy. I've eaten it a few times for breakfast, but mainly as a snack at school. Just enough sweet to be considered a treat. Click here for the recipe. It comes from one of my favorite food blogs, The Detoxinista.


    These brown rice wraps were also a life saver. Got them at Whole Foods in the freezer section with the bread. I used them for lunch wraps, also for fish tacos, and when I'm feeling lazy, I just divide it into fourths and slap some almond butter on there.



    In the morning I started with smoothies, but quickly realized that juices are my thing. Especially a good green juice on the drive to work. It clears my head, wakes me up, and helps me focus for the first few important hours of my day. Green juice is my coffee. Sometimes I re-make the Savannah Squeeze ones the best I can with the ingredients that are listed on the label with my own juicer at home. The one in the picture is a copy cat that I made and re-filled on my own.


    I made this cream of asparagus soup by modifying another recipe and it turned out to be delish. Here is how to do it...

    • 1 onion
    • 1 carrot
    • 3 stalks of celery
    • 1 bunch of asparagus 
    • 1 tsp dried basil
    • 1 cup raw cashews
    • 6 cups water
    • sea salt and cayenne to taste
    • Throw it all in a pot till veggies are soft. Pour it in the blender. Blend. Serve!


     I also ate Chicken Broccoli Cashew Stir Fry at lunch for about a week straight and never got tired of it. Cashews rank it the top 5 of my all time fave foods...no wonder I love this so much. The recipe is too long to post on here so click this link and it'll take you right to it!

    (the beginning stages)

    It saddens me that I never took a picture of this Black Bean Chipotle Bisque, but please, cleanse or no cleanse. Make THIS! I will continue to make it throughout  the year for sure. Best soup on the cleanse, hands down.

    And finally...I got a sassy new haircut. Changes all around!







    No comments:

    Post a Comment