1) She is the most hard working woman I know.
2) She makes every holiday super special by decorating the house, sending me cards in the mail, going all out on delicious meals, and putting lots of thought and effort into gift giving.
3) Back to the delicious meals...she can re-create almost anything she eats at a restaurant just by tasting it once and doing some trial and error in the kitchen. Wish I had that kind of palate!
4) Sometimes people ask us if we are sisters. Good for her, bad for me. She doesn't age and I hope those genes get passed along to me.
5) She has taught me all I know about how to be a "lady," and most times I hated her for it, but I can look back now and say that I'm thankful she did. From dating advice to writing thank you notes to table manners, she's the one who always stayed on my case.
6) I can always count on her having some kind of treat for me when I go to her house, whether it be extra toiletries she picked up for me at CVS while she was out, or a cute dress she saw at TJMaxx & thought I might like it.
7) She keeps a clean house even though she works umpteen hours a week. As I've been on my own, I find this impossible to do...
8) She can carry on a conversation with just about anyone. A gift I never received.
9) Hospitality suits her. She has turned into the hostess with the mostess.
10) She does her own nails every Sunday night without fail. It always makes her look so put together. I'm trying to do better about doing my own nails, but I usually break down and get a pedicure. (Prime example of why I hate doing my nails. This just happened.)
I could go on... but I'll save some for next year ;)
Today Cathlin and I made her and my grandparents a brunch. Feast your eyes! We had a Spinach and Smoked Gruyere Quiche, French Toast Souffle, Jalapeno Hash Browns, Cream Cheese Grits, Fresh Fruit, and Bacon.
Here are the two mothers:
And the chefs with mom:
Afterwards, the chefs passed out on the couch from all their hard work!