Saturday, April 7, 2018

April Fooled


At the Southern Women's Show, I got bamboozled into buy a fancy new hair straightener/curling wand. The salesman layed it on thick with the compliments and called me by my first name as if we were old friends. I admit it; I bought into his game. I really do like the flat iron so I can't say I was necessarily bamboozled, but I wasn't in the market for new hair tools. Easter Sunday rolled around and I was overly excited about using my new straighter. I went through all the steps to make sure each section of hair was correctly prepped, flattened, slightly curled, and tousled. Ah, yes- perfection. One trick I like with my oils is to put a drop of Frankincense on my palms, rub together, then through my hair to take out the frizzies. I feel like any oil would work for this because its....well....oil. Truly, I just like the smell of it, using my hair as a diffuser! I went through my whole routine of dropping the oils into my hands and rubbing through my hair, bus since it was Easter, I figured I'd do an extra drop or 2 since it was a special occasion. After all, Frankincense is one of the oils that was given to Jesus when he was born!

It wasn't until after I had slathered myself in oil that I realized that I had not, in fact, used the Frankincense....I had grabbed Patchouli. Yes, the one that most people associate with dirty hippies. Extremely earthy and extremely strong. The strongest oil I own. We're talking....I can smell it on my hands for hours if I have so much as opened the bottle. Its intense.

Oops! It was too late to do anything about it. Of all places, I was going to have to sit in crammed church pews smelling like a HUGE hippie. The only thing I could do was pray that everyone around me felt deeply calmed from sniffling the Patchouli! After all, it is known for its calming and relaxing properties. How appropriate for April Fools Day, right?

On another note, mark your calendars for April 15th! There will be another Essential Oils class that afternoon at my house. You can learn more about the kit you already have, get your own kit if you don't have one, have some wine and apps, and possibly win a little prize :)  All are welcomed and invited to bring friends. I'll send more updates, but I wanted to get the word out!

No comments:

Post a Comment