Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Good Talks

This week has been different, busy, and good. It's been filled with lots of those deep talks that are meaningful...solving the world's problems and such. My soul is the happiest when I am connecting with people in a genuine way. I am thankful to have so many people in my life who allow me to share and be myself.

Yesterday was a "good talk" with Grama. I think my love of words and reading and quotes and philosophy probably comes a lot from her. Its in the genes. While we were talking about...life... she read to me a little snippet out of a book she has been reading. It stood out to me. It sums up where I am at the moment, and what I've learned to be true.

And so it goes:

"I think that sometimes the great changes in our lives, the ones that divide time, happen so deep down and silently that we don't even know they occur. I've never been good at sensing them. Only with hindsight can I see that, yes, this was such an event, that was such a time. It frequently happens that the seasons of the greatest change are the times that feel the most tranquil, the most suspended, the most...timeless, I guess."



Something else I've been pondering lately: 1 Corinthians 13:4-8


Love is patient


Love is kind


It does not envy


It does not boast


It is not proud


It does not dishonor others


It is not self-seeking


It is not easily angered


It keeps no record of wrongs


Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with truth


It always protects


Always trusts


Always hopes


Always perserves


Love never fails.


~Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment