Friday, June 17, 2011

Burning the Candles


"Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie." - Life Lessons from a 90 year old. Good motto, huh? I think of this every time I take a match to my candles. It irks me to see perfectly unused candles in a home. Why save your nice things for "an occasion." Make your own occasion. I've found that the most joyful people I know find ways to celebrate day- to-day events. For example...I know of a family who celebrates each person's birthday WEEK. Not just the day, the week. Its kind of like Hanukkah. I also know a girl who consistantly keeps fresh flowers in her house. No reason other than she loves them. That's reason enough for me....why wait until company for fresh flowers?

With that being said, candles are my everyday-happiness thing. I go through some candles. I burn them in the kitchen when I'm cooking, at the table for dinner, in my room when I'm reading at night, and I even have one on my desk at school. Fire hazard? Possibly. (That one is the Eucalypyus Spearmint Stress Relief scent- much needed)

So here's to burning the candles ... literally and figuratively.
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment