Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chicken, Pickin' and Oysters

I wish I could say I made up this catchy title, but if we're being honest, I did not. It was on the invite for Lindsey & Seth's first engagement shower! The PERFECT shower, might I add. All the hosts went above and beyond and the set up looked like it was straight out of a Southern Living magazine.  So rustic and inviting. Whenever I have a wedding...one day....far, far, away..... I would love for the rehearsal or the reception to have this kind of feel. All the hosts did an awesome job.




First of all, meet the happy couple,  Lindsey and Seth. Lindsey and I have been friends since middle school/highschool and we've been roommates 3 times....living together a total of about 4 years if you put it all together. Together, we've been through the first night away from our families off at college in the smelly dorms, break -ups, break -in's, first days of teaching, etc. What am I going to do when she moves out??? I don't want to think about it yet! And I've known Seth for as long as he and Lindsey have been together- about 10 years. Wow. They make a pretty good looking couple don't they? 

How neat is this set up? When the guests walk in, this was where we set our gifts and there were "Lindsey's Favorite" and "Seth's Favorite" appetizers along with their favorite engagement picture. Lindsey's favorite: Tomato Mozzarella Skewers with Pesto Dipping Sauce. Seth's Favorite: Meatballs. I LOVED how they labeled everything with letter stamps. Notice the brown table place cards. The cocktail napkins were also stamped "L & S." Some napkins were stamped with chickens to go along with the theme. How crafty. (We'll get to the chicken part in a minute)

I guess now would be a good time to introduce the chickens. Check out that mac daddy of a chicken coop. It fit in quite well with the rest of the decor.  If I didn't rock the condo life, I would have chickens in a second.  Can't go wrong with burlap either. Such lovely table scapes!
Yeah...just a stage in the backyard....no big deal. Come on- how great is that?? We had our own personal concert by Stewart & Jim Marshall. Nothing like a little old school Stewart & Winfield tunes- played live!

My favorite station. Forget the booze...give me Smores!! I didn't get a picture of the fire- dang it.
Whitney is another old friend. I'm glad occassions like this bring us back together!

And thanks to this little station I was up until 2:00 am, wired. I'm normally not a coffee drinker but it smelled too delicious to pass up. And they had cute cups.

This was such a nice engagement shower. Amy, Clayborne, Kathy and all others involved get an A++. There were so many other details....wish I could've captured them all. And the food- amazing. All of it.


A fun night had by all!

-Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment