Sunday, December 22, 2013

2013 Reads

I've read 8 books this year and I'm trying to make it 9 by the time 2013 is over. I have my books listed at the bottom of my blog page, but I've decided to post it so that it can be saved because I am going to delete and start with a fresh list for 2014.

Here they are, in the order that I've read them:

1) The Secret Life of Bees  (Sue Monk Kidd)

2) The Great Divorce (CS Lewis)

3) The Omnivore's Dilemma..... this I listened to on audio and I didn't quite finish it, only because the technology messed up. I would like to finish listening one day

4) 40 Days to Personal Revolution (Baron Baptiste)

5) Freakonomics (Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner)

6) 50 Shades of Grey (EL James) Yes...I read it. Eh, it was okay. No desire to read the sequels

7) Handbook of Vintage Remedies (Jessie Hawkins)

8) Imagine: How Creativity Works (Jonah Lehrer)


It takes me awhile to get through a book, As you can see, I read about 1/2 a book per month. I think my favorite of the year would have to be #7. I'm reading this one on my kindle & I'd like to buy a hard copy just to have around so that I can replace all my western medicine with old, natural remedies. Basically every ailment can be treated naturally, another goal for me to work towards in 2014.


The book I'm beginning today is borrowed from my friend, Angie. Its called Women, Food, and God by Geneen Roth. Pretty sure I'm gonna love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment