Thursday, January 18, 2018

Fox and Fig #2 + Oil Class

I'm on a Fox and Fig bender! I've been twice this month and I'm ready to go back with anyone who will go eat there with me! This time I took my Grama. (or ...rather....she took me.) This time I had the Bahn Mi which is: "Maple-Ginger- Tamari Glazed Seitan, Sriracha Mayo, Key Lime Ginger Pickled Carrots, on a Ciabatta bun served with Agave-Dijon Slaw." The owner recommended it so I took him up on his suggestion! Delish. 



I always bring a pouch of essential oils around with me to use while I'm out. I put a drop of Spearmint in our waters to jazz things up a bit and Grama's reaction was the best. She sipped it....her eyes got big....then she matter of factly stated, "Now, THIS is an experience." It is such a cool rush and a little less potent than my beloved Peppermint. 

Another trick I've been up to lately is making a flu "bomb" with my empty gelatin capsules. I pop one open, add a couple drops of Thieves, couple drops of Lemon, fill the rest with olive oil and ...voila! Natural flu deterrent. Some of the Flu Bomb recipes floating around online call for up to 10 drops of Thieves along with other oils that I do not currently have. I'm just doing the best I can do with what I have. A couple drops of Lemon and Thieves is better than nothing, right? 

Also, remember - I'm having and oil class at my house, this Sunday, 2:00. Let me know if you want in! I'm happy to have anyone who loves or wants to love essential oils! You're also welcomed to bring a friend. 

I plan on trying to host one once a month or so. If you can't make this one- there will be more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment