Thursday, January 25, 2018

Mascara Hack

The curse is upon me. I've started with a scratchy throat and a cough that I can feel going STRAIGHT to my lungs. Since I know RC (Respiratory Control) supports the Respiratory system, hence the name, I'm diffusing it like a mad woman and also rubbing it on my chest. I also just came across a throat spray recipe that I wish I could make right now but I'm currently out of peppermint AND lemon.... dying!!!

But here's the recipe if you are lucky enough to have all the oils currently in your stash:

10 drops Thieves Vitality essential oil
2-3 drops Peppermint Vitality essential oil
2-3 drops Lemon Vitality essential oil
3-4 drops Copaiba Vitality essential oil
1 1/2 ounces distilled water
2 ounce Amber Glass Spray bottle
Add all drops of oil to the bottle. Fill to almost full with distilled water. *Shake before each use.* Spray the back of throat as often as every 30 minutes.
Optional addition: honey to taste, 1/4 tsp salt.

On to the mascara hack: 
I recently read that putting lavender in your mascara can help grow your eyelashes thicker and longer as well as deterring eyelash mites (ew....but most of us have them. Just a fact!) 
-For 1/2 a tube of mascara, add one drop of lavender
-For a full tube, add 2 drops
You only need to do this one time for the entire tube! I recently did this with my mascara and I feel like it conditions my eyelashes and it also smells really nice. To have them grow long and lush would be a plus! I'll keep you posted.


1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! Love the idea of the lavender in the mascara tube!

    ReplyDelete