Thursday, April 21, 2011

Psalms

To me, the book of Psalms is the most beautiful book in the Bible. I've always loved it, but then I loved it even more when Shane & Shane made an acoustic CD putting some of the Psalms to music. (145 is my fave & you can watch/listen....here). Shane & Shane is my go-to Pandora station. They clear my head & fill it with good things. Their simplicity is what draws me in.

I was reading this morning and Psalm 139 was the chapter of the day in my devotion book. When I was a counselor at Camp DeSoto, I remember a story being told of how a mother would read Psalm 139 to her daughter every night before bed. Ever since then, it has been one of those verses (or the whole chapter, really) that I turn to over and over.

So, go have some quiet time..read through some Psalms...it'll make the rest of your day better, I promise!

Caroline

"SEARCH ME, GOD, AND KNOW MY HEART; TEST ME AND KNOW MY ANXIOUS THOUGHTS. SEE IF THERE IS ANY OFFENSIVE WAY IN ME, AND LEAD ME IN THE WAY EVERLASTING."- PSALM 139:23-24

1 comment: