Friday, January 11, 2013

29 & Feelin' Fine


On Wednesday I turned 29 and so far, I still like getting older. I feel like a little kid when I get to turn another year older. Like I'm turning 9 instead of 29. I think most people get over that after the age of 25 or so. Not me.

I received more than one card that had a cat on the front. I think this officially defines me as a "cat person." 



So many people showed me so much love on my birthday that I'm going to make it a point to return the favor throughout the year. Birthdays should be a big deal. They should be dragged out for the entire week, at least. The more celebration the better.

Here are the highlights of my celebration.

-Cha Bella for dinner, Simple Life wine, some of my favorite people, dessert, cheese plates, local/organic food. ( I'm a food picture-taker, so bare with me)



-Opening presents at mom and dad's house. In case you're interested in what was in all those nicely wrapped boxes.....I got soaps from Nourish, yoga pants, a Brighter Day gift card, a new scarf, a handmade sweater, and some moo-lah. Somebody loves me.  (That's an apple slice I'm holding in my hand. Didn't want to put down my snack for the picture. The Clean Diet started on my birthday & I will be participating again this year, along with Cathlin this time- Yipee!)


-Surprise roses on my doorstep



-And all of the facebook/text/phone call and school "happy birthdays"I appreciated each and every one.

So I leave you with one of my favorite thoughts for when birthdays roll around. It goes:

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."
author unknown


Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment