Monday, January 28, 2013

Lionel Richie

I am not afraid to admit that I am a Lionel fan.

So, fellow Lionel lovers, listen up! Best. CD. ever. Today at school, a substitute teacher & I got to talking about music. He was mentioning some newer stuff like....Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Alicia Keyes. (Which is funny because he is an older black gentleman, who apparently loves pop music.)  Well I've always been an old soul, so when he said "Lionel Richie," my ears perked up. Not only do I love Lionel, but this album has a twist. Lionel Richie apparently went to a variety of different county artists (Tim McGraw, Jennifer Nettles, Darius Rucker, Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, Willie Nelson, etc.) and asked them what their favorite was out of all his songs. Then, he did duets with them using his songs. A good crossroads album cannot be matched. CMT Crossroads, anyone? For instance... James Taylor & the Dixie Chicks or Bryan Adams & Jason Aldean. Did I just say "album?" Do people still use that word?

My favorite right now is a close tie between Sail On with Tim McGraw or Stuck on You with Darius Rucker.

The album is called Tuskegee and I believe I'm going to wear it out.



Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment