Wednesday, January 1, 2014

1 of 365

Last night, I lasted until 11:15 pm. I'm officially old. The night was extremely low key, just the way I like it.  Josh and I decided to stay in and take it easy. We watched episodes of Boardwalk Empire and The Office. Ofcourse a trip to Whole Foods was in order. We decided on a combination of Greek pizza, chili, cornbread, and champagne. Yep. 'Words with Friends' on the iPhone took up a good portion of the night as well. We made a bet that the winner of the game would get a 10 minute foot rub. This, friends....was my New Years Eve. Getting off the couch to watch the fireworks out the window was too much effort. Listenening to them was just as nice. (PS: I won the bet)

Looking back over my goals for the past couple years, I realize that they are always basically the same.
 
In 2012, my resolutions were: having a cleaning schedule for the week, healthier eating (less sweets), and less procrastination.

In 2013, my overall theme for the year was "Simplicity."

In 2014...yes...all of the above. More specifically, my goal is to eat very consciously 6 days a week, allowing myself 1 cheat day. Also, since I'm about to hit 30, (which I'm pretty excited about actually) I'm going to incorporate more physical activity into the week. 

Surprisingly, this starts my 4th year of blogging. Adding more monthly entries is another goal of mine. Each year, I turn my blog into a hard back book using a website called Blurb. I've always been a journaler, so this is the best way to document life. If you've ever toyed with the idea of starting a blog, this is your year. It has made such a positive difference in my life and has allowed me to connect with some very uplifting people. 

Wishing you a happy 2014. I always love a good even-numbered year, ya know? Or maybe its just me...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment