Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fresh Tomatoes

Last week a friend gave me some fresh tomatoes from her parents house in Aiken, South Carolina. She piled them in my bag...atleast 6. "No, no!" I said..."I can't eat that many by myself. They'll go bad!" Well, I ate that many by myself. And I went to Brighter Day to buy MORE fresh tomatoes, but they weren't nearly as good. How did I eat the tomatoes you ask? Cracker Salad.

1 tomato
A little bit of chopped up vidalia onion (raw)
Season with salt and pepper
Add about a tablespoon of mayo
Crumble some Saltines on top and you're done! Quick lunch. Nothing special, but oh so good!

Also, you must try this delectable sandwich....a fancy twist to the grilled cheese. Mozzarella, fresh tomato, and basil- pesto. That was dinner last night. I think I'm going to turn into a tomato.






Here is the lonely tomato plant on my porch that I've had for months now. She is barren and sickly. Thanks for nothing....

Since we're on the subject of food (probably my favorite subject)...Have you ever tried grapes on your cereal instead of the standard banana or berries? Just a little trick I learned at Camp DeSoto. I highly reccommend it.
Enjoy your day!
Caroline

1 comment:

  1. That tomato sandwich looks amazing. I was going to make some pesto soon anyway, that looks like the perfect use for it!

    ReplyDelete